Friday 12 June 2009

Little April Rose Update

So after extensive research on this topic, it turns out my worst fears have been realised - this blog was a fake and a scam.

The more I have thought about it this week, the more shocked I have become - We are all sinners, nobody is perfect, but it takes a special kind of sinner to be able to pull off something like this and still be able to sleep at night, or like what you see when you look in the mirror. To make up an elaborate lie about the imminent death of one's child is a horrific web of deceit and "blackness" on the soul.

For most of my life I have struggled with the question: "Am I a good person?" Generally I am torn with the answer to this question. I know that I am not a rapist, or murderer, but by the same token, I acknowledge that I am no saint. I recognise my manipulative behaviour. I take responsibility for my aggressive nature. I own my sometimes selfish character.

And yet... having said all that.. I realise, when learning of behaviour such as that of Rebecah ("April's Mom") that perhaps I am not such a bad person after all. Agreed, I am no saint, but I can still look in the mirror and like the person I see.

Another blog I follow belongs to Nate - it is called "Confessions of a CF Husband" and it is a truly remarkable blog. Yesterday Nate, in light of recent events, posted a blog on the kind of "red flag" warnings to look for when determining the authenticity of a blog - I urge all my readers to check it out - so that perhaps we can all avoid being "taken-in" by this kind of deceit in the future. Click here if you wish to read Nate's post.

I hope that this experience does not have the power to turn my trusting heart into a cynical place in the future!

Happy blogging to All!

1 comment:

2blessed2stress said...

Hey Sweetie!
I think the important thing to remember is that not only are we all sinners.... but no "One" sin is more extreme in the eyes of our Lord. So while the actions that Beccah did were heartbreaking and disturbing on a HUGE front, our sins... no matter how small are ALL the same in the eyes of God! So while we might not consider that "Fair" when we stand before judgement.... we will be judged the same for stealing a pack of gum as will Charles Manson for torturing and murding innocent people!

Heading over to check out Nate's blog now! Thanks for the kind words on my blog.... can't wait to get to know you better! ;)

Hugs!
Dawn