Sunday 24 May 2009

There are still good people in the world..

This is Margaret - Margaret is the person who keeps life at our house running smoothly, she is also one of Daniel's favourite people in the whole world.

Last year, when I went into labour with Daniel at 31 weeks, we hired Margaret to take over some of the heavy work around our house so as to allow me to rest more. Since then she has become so much more to our family, but especially to Daniel. Daniel absolutely adores her. When she comes in in the mornings he gives her the biggest smile you have ever seen and he loves spending time with her during the day.

Even though she was originally hired just to help with our home, she is now so important to Daniel that I don't think we could ask her to leave even if I wanted to - which I obviously don't. She loves playing with him and whenever he is grumpy and nothing (I do) is working, Margaret puts him on her back like you see in the picture, and he calms right down and will happily "chat" with her while she goes about her day. The way she is carrying him here is the traditional Afrcan way to carry a baby and it is so soothing to Daniel that he completely forgets his grumpiness.

I am a firm believe that you can tell a lot about a person by the way babies react to them - same as how animals react to people tells you a lot about their character.. based on this, I know Margaret is one of the good people of the world.. Daniel loves her, and we are so lucky to have her.

Thank you Margaret.. from Adam and myself, but most especially from Daniel...

1 comment:

Courtney Kay said...

babies are a very good judge of character for sure!