Friday 24 September 2010

It's the weekend Baby...

It is a long weekend here in South Africa.

We have decided to go away for the weekend!  So as I sit here and drink my morning coffee, I am planning all the things I have to do before we can leave... Life is not as simple as it used to be.. I remember the days when all I had to do was pack a bag before I could hop in the car and leave for a weekend away. 

Things are different now..to say the least..lol  It always takes me a good few hours to get the four of us ready to leave.. I have to remember all sorts of things, from pain and fever medicine, to the correct book on dinosaurs... because if I pack the wrong book, bedtime will be a nightmare (for everyone). And I have to fit a ridiculous amount of gear into a car that seems to shrink in size by the second...

So basically what I am saying, is that I am sitting here avoiding the inevitable... I hate the packing.. hate it with a passion... grrrrr... but if I don't do it I cannot be sure that we will have everything that we need... which makes me a psychotic control freak I know

And now that I have run out of arbitrary things to say, the time has come and I can avoid it no longer...

hi ho hi ho its off to pack I go!

No comments: